General Discussion ยป mists of time

• foggy
    foggy ethereal
    hoots man / woman, top of the morning to you all, once, long long ago, ok, then 1986, i saw ze ozric tentacles in ze lickle tent for 20 souls avec le glastonbury festival, after midnight, twas the beginnings, for me, although i had attended all night reggae bashes in urbansville of the concrete jungle, from 1980, and free festivals in the fresh air of the country, same year. ok i misssed the ozrics in their what i beleive to be their most relaxed free spirit jamming esque ish prime, 1985, but attended a 6 hour gig of theirs in reading, in i think feb 1986, 2 bass players and 2 drummers enabled another pair to take over when one pair were tired, poor ed kept playing throughout, sooo, then nodens ictus evolved, i guess, don't quote me on this date. during the era of club dog in wood green, which i attended in 1986 and 1987. i couldn't beleive my luck, my friend lived a 5 minute walk around the corner, so staggering back at 2 in the morning was no problem, once i met an aquaintance, at 2 in the morning, going home across london, hadn't seen him for years and not since, small world, a bit like friends meeting in goa in 1991 although the 2 groups travelling independently had no knowledge of each other going there even tho they had all been together v briefly a week before, serendipity, lovely when that happens too, carefull what you dream for. in 1991, sadly broke, i hitched a car lift, of 100 miles, last time ever, with my then partner all the way to the big bad city of london town, to see nodens ictus at clug dog, which at that point in time had moved to the sir george robey pub, down the road from wood green at finsbury park, still able to crash at my friends place a short bus journey / half an hour walk away. ok, so this may seem like boring dribble of dribbledom, but was what i did aged 26, together with incredible all night mutoid waste company warehouse parties, well the one, damn well missed the others, but lived the experience at kings cross, on the site of an ancient iron age battle, jumped the fence around the back, there was a 6 person que there, but not the crush of hundreds at the main gate, ahm, needs must, nodens ictus didn't play but other ozric offshoot bands did, squatted bus station, 3 stages - reggae sound system etc, porta cabin with uv light and 30 people wearing white t-shirts, odd, of course not, era of evolution of dance muzac, 1987.........couldn't get enough of nodens ictus as it seemed so tranquil and relaxing as there was no jangly guitar or throbbing bass or snare in early era, take a deep breath and................relax..................hmm..........bliss

hoots man / woman, top of the morning to you all, once, long long ago, ok, then 1986, i saw ze ozric tentacles in ze lickle tent for 20 souls avec le glastonbury festival, after midnight, twas the beginnings, for me, although i had attended all night reggae bashes in urbansville of the concrete jungle, from 1980, and free festivals in the fresh air of the country, same year. ok i misssed the ozrics in their what i beleive to be their most relaxed free spirit jamming esque ish prime, 1985, but attended a 6 hour gig of theirs in reading, in i think feb 1986, 2 bass players and 2 drummers enabled another pair to take over when one pair were tired, poor ed kept playing throughout, sooo, then nodens ictus evolved, i guess, don't quote me on this date. during the era of club dog in wood green, which i attended in 1986 and 1987. i couldn't beleive my luck, my friend lived a 5 minute walk around the corner, so staggering back at 2 in the morning was no problem, once i met an aquaintance, at 2 in the morning, going home across london, hadn't seen him for years and not since, small world, a bit like friends meeting in goa in 1991 although the 2 groups travelling independently had no knowledge of each other going there even tho they had all been together v briefly a week before, serendipity, lovely when that happens too, carefull what you dream for. in 1991, sadly broke, i hitched a car lift, of 100 miles, last time ever, with my then partner all the way to the big bad city of london town, to see nodens ictus at clug dog, which at that point in time had moved to the sir george robey pub, down the road from wood green at finsbury park, still able to crash at my friends place a short bus journey / half an hour walk away. ok, so this may seem like boring dribble of dribbledom, but was what i did aged 26, together with incredible all night mutoid waste company warehouse parties, well the one, damn well missed the others, but lived the experience at kings cross, on the site of an ancient iron age battle, jumped the fence around the back, there was a 6 person que there, but not the crush of hundreds at the main gate, ahm, needs must, nodens ictus didn't play but other ozric offshoot bands did, squatted bus station, 3 stages - reggae sound system etc, porta cabin with uv light and 30 people wearing white t-shirts, odd, of course not, era of evolution of dance muzac, 1987.........couldn't get enough of nodens ictus as it seemed so tranquil and relaxing as there was no jangly guitar or throbbing bass or snare in early era, take a deep breath and................relax..................hmm..........bliss

• escapegoat
    escapegoat rural/urban
    hoots foggy, enjoyed your reminicenses ..reminding me of mutoid waste and george robey gigs etc .. there was a good phase of ariwa label bands (and on-u- sound? ..african head charge etc gigs) happening about the same time as club dog i seem recall? hazey memories of Ozric/Noden gigs blurrying into eachother

hoots foggy, enjoyed your reminicenses ..reminding me of mutoid waste and george robey gigs etc .. there was a good phase of ariwa label bands (and on-u- sound? ..african head charge etc gigs) happening about the same time as club dog i seem recall? hazey memories of Ozric/Noden gigs blurrying into eachother

• hazzy
    hazzy fantazy
    club dog wood green when fluty john joined the ozrics, he just seemed to leave the crowd and join the band, ho ho, but the jam numbers were unbeleivable, out of this world, trance before techno, dj monkey pilot was mid band traffic light maestro, incredible choice of chewy tunes, probably demos - obscure mixes - dat tape shuffles - who nose - he does, an incredible club for discerning disciples of delicate debutantes - webcore - slightly edgey scareyness - but ain't the world, julian bream and his freshwater stream - evil ednas horror toilet - yep, been to those sort of parties, a call out for peep's to return beer glasses to the bar, zen zey could be filled up again, but said in sloooow motion, so no one understood a word - until the repeat announcement from some one other than the comedian, but when the lyrics are - even the air is dreaming, need we say more, yep, we sure do diddly do, 20 minute mandolin solo's in a tent for 500 people through a nice but clear PA, or, quadraphonic sound system that they only dare switch on for 5 minutes at 5 in the morning, for 5ooo people, that had a swirling hi end swoosh that went around the 4 speakers, gradually, building up the bpm's whilst the main percusive beat thumped out the most euphoric mesmerising rhythum i've ever heard, so powerful one nearly fell over with the whooshyness, so powerful they had to switch it off - yep - return to the source - probably 1997

club dog wood green when fluty john joined the ozrics, he just seemed to leave the crowd and join the band, ho ho, but the jam numbers were unbeleivable, out of this world, trance before techno, dj monkey pilot was mid band traffic light maestro, incredible choice of chewy tunes, probably demos - obscure mixes - dat tape shuffles - who nose - he does, an incredible club for discerning disciples of delicate debutantes - webcore - slightly edgey scareyness - but ain't the world, julian bream and his freshwater stream - evil ednas horror toilet - yep, been to those sort of parties, a call out for peep's to return beer glasses to the bar, zen zey could be filled up again, but said in sloooow motion, so no one understood a word - until the repeat announcement from some one other than the comedian, but when the lyrics are - even the air is dreaming, need we say more, yep, we sure do diddly do, 20 minute mandolin solo's in a tent for 500 people through a nice but clear PA, or, quadraphonic sound system that they only dare switch on for 5 minutes at 5 in the morning, for 5ooo people, that had a swirling hi end swoosh that went around the 4 speakers, gradually, building up the bpm's whilst the main percusive beat thumped out the most euphoric mesmerising rhythum i've ever heard, so powerful one nearly fell over with the whooshyness, so powerful they had to switch it off - yep - return to the source - probably 1997

• escapegoat
    escapegoat rural/urbane
    even the did dream; while cosmic no hopers sneered the music press, crusty..swampy, fsol somewhere out there in the isdn, daevid gone away to come again, making time stand still on a highbury corner, white shadow, gilli mother, graham magik brother, miles voodoo, george atomic doodoo

even the did dream; while cosmic no hopers sneered the music press, crusty..swampy, fsol somewhere out there in the isdn, daevid gone away to come again, making time stand still on a highbury corner, white shadow, gilli mother, graham magik brother, miles voodoo, george atomic doodoo

• escapegoat
    escapegoat rural/urbane
    * even the air did dream; ** while cosmic no hopers...- sneered the music press, struggle to type on dis fing innit

* even the air did dream;
    ** while cosmic no hopers...- sneered the music press,

struggle to type on dis fing innit

• paradox
    paradox reality
    hmm, do you know what, a friend of mine 10 ish years ago inferred to daevid allen prior to his pub gig that he was personally responsible after his 1977 album, floating.......that he inspired the new age traveller movement, chuckle, he looked absolutely dumbstruck, toe tea hum, questionable but none the less a moment in time it twas, 1977 and thereafter, ok then, 1967 and thereafter, ok then, 1950's thereafter, ok then the people of the woods with their pointy hats and long hair and beards circa 1954 eastern europe, as daevid said, time, there is no time, anyway, the other momentous moment was when the ozrics topped the bill in 1988 at camden ballroom, with daevid allen's 1st appearance in uk since usa sojourn, i taped it, scary intro, apocalypse ish, before floating serenity muzac set

hmm, do you know what, a friend of mine 10 ish years ago inferred to daevid allen prior to his pub gig that he was personally responsible after his 1977 album, floating.......that he inspired the new age traveller movement, chuckle, he looked absolutely dumbstruck, toe tea hum, questionable but none the less a moment in time it twas, 1977 and thereafter, ok then, 1967 and thereafter, ok then, 1950's thereafter, ok then the people of the woods with their pointy hats and long hair and beards circa 1954 eastern europe, as daevid said, time, there is no time, anyway, the other momentous moment was when the ozrics topped the bill in 1988 at camden ballroom, with daevid allen's 1st appearance in uk since usa sojourn, i taped it, scary intro, apocalypse ish, before floating serenity muzac set

• elopegoat/goat t being esq
    elopegoat/goat t being esq all other routes
    your friend could be right ..or that could be why i dont go in music pubs anymore, can't remember.... iirc a bob fripp (radio) interview in response to something or other .. he say by 1970 the '69 vibes had changed and were past and gone///

your friend could be right ..or that could be why i dont go in music pubs anymore, can't remember.... iirc a bob fripp (radio) interview in response to something or other .. he say by 1970 the '69 vibes had changed and were past and gone///

• elopegoat/ gtbe
    elopegoat/ gtbe any veh
    i was justa kidda in '77; listening in to the short waves at night on a little transistor radio under my pillow ..combing thru the frequencies as carefully as poss..radio moscow, tirana..maybe faintly america or africa if the sun spot cycles were active ..that was 'the internet' ..tomorrow's world .."1980" sounded so futuristic..and it was, blake's 7, alien ..what a film ..nostromo ..intelligent radio signal..spooky

i was justa kidda in '77; listening in to the short waves at night on a little transistor radio under my pillow ..combing thru the frequencies as carefully as poss..radio moscow, tirana..maybe faintly america or africa if the sun spot cycles were active ..that was 'the internet' ..tomorrow's world .."1980" sounded so futuristic..and it was, blake's 7, alien ..what a film ..nostromo ..intelligent radio signal..spooky

• soap
    soap on a rope
    the sir george robey, what a lovely pub it was in 1987 when nodens ictus, webcore, orroonies, ullulators played there, no door searches, one could smoke indoors, late finish, lovely crowd, not as big as the previous place at wood green, other venues were pub at hampton court, saw the ullulators there, pre internet days, gigs advertised via music papers or word of mouth, mutoid waste band played at sir george robey, great band, one of the best ever, Reading had various venues for equinox gigs etc, Bath had one, very small crowd there, then there was the festies to catch all the bands, wow, were there some, out of this world now, looking back, never went to the gigs at Hammersmith little clarendon rooms, nor the crypt in deptford, left the club dog scene once it left robey, never went to ULU, Brixton Academy, not for club dog, only for later 1995 and 1996 allnighters at acedemy and fridge in Brixton, introduced to the owner of fridge at that time thro x partner who was one of the organisers, met various folk backstage academy, anyway that was post club dog, it morphed into the season of 1991, a small gathering of 100 people, in a barn in oxfordshire, snowballed into 10,000 people by september, then the lechlade festival of 1992, then castlemorton. There was the great multi line up Finsbury Park 1987, sadly i went to many of these by myself, slept in the hedge at castlemorton, as you do.

the sir george robey, what a lovely pub it was in 1987 when nodens ictus, webcore, orroonies, ullulators played there, no door searches, one could smoke indoors, late finish, lovely crowd, not as big as the previous place at wood green, other venues were pub at hampton court, saw the ullulators there, pre internet days, gigs advertised via music papers or word of mouth, mutoid waste band played at sir george robey, great band, one of the best ever, Reading had various venues for equinox gigs etc, Bath had one, very small crowd there, then there was the festies to catch all the bands, wow, were there some, out of this world now, looking back, never went to the gigs at Hammersmith little clarendon rooms, nor the crypt in deptford, left the club dog scene once it left robey, never went to ULU, Brixton Academy, not for club dog, only for later 1995 and 1996 allnighters at acedemy and fridge in Brixton, introduced to the owner of fridge at that time thro x partner who was one of the organisers, met various folk backstage academy, anyway that was post club dog, it morphed into the season of 1991, a small gathering of 100 people, in a barn in oxfordshire, snowballed into 10,000 people by september, then the lechlade festival of 1992, then castlemorton. There was the great multi line up Finsbury Park 1987, sadly i went to many of these by myself, slept in the hedge at castlemorton, as you do.

Add your message- It will be added as the newest post